2 weeks ago Tyler was playing hockey and got elbowed in the head by a goon. He was out for 45 seconds (bad concussion) and rushed to Royal Columbian hospital for a cat scan to check for damage. Thankfully nothing is wrong, he is recovering well and it seems it may be a while before the headaches stop and he can play sports again. Ironically, I was in a first aid course all day and had no idea this had all happened and came home at 4:00 to a weird message on the phone and about 5 other missed calls from a guy on the team.
I took a Child Care first aid course mainly just for my own piece of mind, but also b/c I can then babysitt other kids and at least have the knowledge to help them if something goes wrong. I also have been looking into registering to train for a postpartum doula. I just can't decide if it's a good idea or not. So with my first aid done now that's one step completed toward training :)
Anyways that's about all I've got for now.
Finally, a decent one of them :)
Together they tackle the stairs. Usually you see one of them trying to go down but in totally the opposite direction of the stairs :)
Oh Tyler, it seems that every blog post there is some new hockey injury for him :(
ReplyDeleteAnd the doula idea sounds so neat, I'd love to hear more. Play date?